Fidelity

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
mnaz

Fidelity

Post by mnaz » August 10th, 2007, 1:38 am

Can you go back home? I tried it; me, a lazy dime store philosopher, taking pot shots at a fickle, drifting moon, unfairly. I stood on my familiar streets of rocket inspiration, inside those same walls of triumph and pain, electric image, and the current only hummed quietly. Downstream echo.

The case against fidelity: I was never here. Line up four walls and the orbits carefully just so, and I may have passed by here thousands of black vaccuum miles from here at best; to say nothing of warped, folding cosmos and countless molecules lost to all this deferred maintenance. Line up ascending orbits: I around mountain, around planet, around star, around universe pressed neatly under one of its folds, around Pooh Bear, the rightful ruler.

The case for: That slice of curved space seems about right.

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » August 10th, 2007, 3:06 am

A double reader!
Splendid Mnaz....
as usual....

H 8)
"I am a victim of society, and, an entertainer"........DW

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 10th, 2007, 12:08 pm

gotta hand it to that Pooh Bear~ your muse in this, no doubt? be it Pooh or Alice or Naz, you wrote this. we enjoyed it. pour another one and salute the mystery wherever you sail.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » August 10th, 2007, 4:51 pm

yeah... the Pooh Bear... very Kerouac... lifted that one from the end of OTR, it seems...

... just another flash, recently... sitting in the same locker room I sat in after my epic one-day 200-mile bike ride to Portland, exactly 10 years later, to the day, to the hour, passing thru the same minute... and I thought: I probably passed right through that same space on the earth's orbit. But that's nonsense... the orbit can vary each cycle, and the sun itself isn't fixed... and then the matter of shrinking, expanding, folding universe, and, and, and....

Return to “Stories & Essays”