"What put the ape in apricot"

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
stilltrucking

"What put the ape in apricot"

Post by stilltrucking » September 23rd, 2007, 5:18 pm

random text 092307
The day
I saw myself for the big sad ape that I am. It has taken me over thirty years to notice some of the things that happened I was not aware of.

Sunny day
College Park Maryland e
The Diane Linkletter Story
arly seventies when I first saw that John Waters movie.

It was a time in my life when I first became naked to the the lidless eye.

I wonder if I ever ran into Doreen back in those days around college park Maryland in the early seventies. One of my last memories of that campus was standing on the portico of the anthropology building watching a group of women in black robes marching down the mall carrying a huge paper mache phallus. And when they got to the administration building where they burned it.

Or maybe it was a cold winter night when I was sitting
in a class called statistics for the behavioral sciences and staring at Chi Square thingy and thinking jesus h Christ the only reality was statistical. Of course I was doing some so called brown mescaline. I was very trusting, somebody come up with something wrapped up in a bit of tin foil and I believed...and swallowed it.

After about twenty?
I started noticing how
pyschically drained I would be for days after

what ever it was
the drugs were what
finally
after
twelve years as a sophomore
my college days
came to an end.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 13th, 2007, 3:25 pm

Cultural Anthropology 401
MesoAmerican Cultures

generic link here
http://www.ancientmexico.com/

If I can find it post link to my professor
here....

I remember the last day of my college career
it was when the instructor for my cultural anthropology course in Mesoamerican culters called us all a bunch of n*ggers for sitting there taking notes. Poor guy he loved anthoropology and he probably loved to teach.

But he could not stop taking out his frustration with the school administration on his poor little students. He has some issue with his doctoral dissertation. I think they were pressuring him to finish it. And then there was The Mideval Military Malitia practicing their battles down the hall from our class room which was some cubby hole in the basement of the Armory building.

It would turn out to be quiet a show somedays
with their swords clashing and battle cries.
And old Jeffery Cosnow shoulting
Shut up be Quiet I am trying to teach down here.
I think Jeffery wanted us all to get up and start a revolution sieze the adminstration bldg, burn the Armory.

But this was in the early seventies and you know how that was.

I got up and walked out when he called us all niggers. Just walked out,
Jimboloco said he would have done more than that. I done know. Jimbo got a better grip on it than me. I am still not sure what jim meant.

So anyway I was googling the guy cause I can never forget his name. I wondered what had happened to him in the past thirty five years.

He is a dis-barred lawyer who now owns an antique shop in southern florita and sounded very happy.

Good for him

It was just time for me to graduate, if not literally than at least in my mind.
if after twelve years as a sophomore I was finally taking juniour level courses...

not even sure this would make anysense anymore

do they still have something called juniour standing

it was such a perfect education for a truck driver.
90 credits of introductory courses.

Sometimes I feel like the janitor in "Unified Field Theory" a short story the name of the author escapes me.

submit>>>>>>>>

Return to “Stories & Essays”