The State

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
mnaz

The State

Post by mnaz » October 11th, 2007, 2:16 am

The most remarkable thing about here: vista comes to you. It is omnipresent, seen from even the worst truck stop or longest possible heat smeared haul, not to deny or to be denied. Great arcs stretch and warp into inverted realism, well past far enough. But the state may have other ideas. The state may show up some day with sign posts and requisitions and manuals with which to itemize infinity. The state is a screeching feedback loop over time, and I shall not depart. The state is my shepherd, I shall not want. There is no place for self in end times; it is time to march, to find completion on the horizon, in the other. It's time to buy a diamond, or pick an army.

Great arcs suggest paradox and the open desert confounds-- a landscape of maximum possible clarity that suggests the scale of a planet and hints at oneness upon its edges. But openness is not the same as oneness, though they may share the odd sun wrecked trail or abandoned mining concern. The desert is littered with reliable inaccuracy, or worse, in cahoots with duality. It is out there and I'm here. Eden lasted a short time free of time, and since the fall duality is nuclear fuel to any proper state, like night and day, or target and acquisition. The state is highly charged Zen, and it is out there, not to mention here.

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » October 11th, 2007, 4:47 am

The most remarkable thing about here: vista comes to you

This line is absolutely supreme, as is this whole snippet, of which I could read pages of in complete delight.
Interesting concepts.....I have to think about oneness and openess,
to me, it's more like what comes first, the oneness or the openess?
Keep goin on these....this is but a juicy tidbit!
H 8)
"I am a victim of society, and, an entertainer"........DW

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 11th, 2007, 2:20 pm

Thanx Hesty... I do appreciate it.

I do like where this one's going... 'tho not lean and mean enough... (gotta remember that when I'm strayin' into faux-filosophical and all...

...also had an idea to link/compare the ascending chakras in yoga to climbing up an old high desert mining trail... that might work, too..

We'll see....

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » October 11th, 2007, 2:53 pm

itemize infinity
what a great turn of phrase, mark
but I expect that from you
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 12th, 2007, 11:56 am

beautiful writting

thank you

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 13th, 2007, 3:34 am

You are welcome, Jack.

It's just something I have to do, inherently flawed as it is. It almost seems like a damned homework assignment, at times.

Return to “Stories & Essays”