An Overview of My Memoirs

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
RonPrice

An Overview of My Memoirs

Post by RonPrice » October 14th, 2007, 7:10 am

Anyone who has actually read the first two volumes(1800 pages) deserves a prize for having come this far. If it is any comfort, you persistent few have got through more than half of the conceptual space where identity and meaning meet around three themes: my life, my society and my religion. If you have read this far, I’m confident that you have gained some pleasure in the read and I am happy for you. Indeed, my very raison d’etre for this autobiography can be found in the pleasure and the understandings you have found thusfar. De te fabula narratur -this is your story--at least in part and an important part, or so I like to think. I like to think that those entering into the world of their memoirs or autobiography can see here some images of that literary future. The images I have offered, though, were not planned in a sequence, a tidy narrative line from cradle to grave, so to speak; but on the best of anarchist principles—that is with no planning, somewhat like the way Michael Ondaatje writes his novels-with no sense of what is going to happen next. It just growed!
married for 46 years, a teacher for 35, a writer and editor for 14 and a Baha'i for 54(as of 2013)

Return to “Stories & Essays”