At Night In Vain, I Gain Insane

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
izeveryboyin

At Night In Vain, I Gain Insane

Post by izeveryboyin » November 29th, 2004, 2:37 pm

When I wandered through my favorite town, Bailey's Harbor in drunken desolation, it seemed the world finally made sense to me. The clouds had new movement in the dark night, and the stars had all ran away to go discover their favorite colors. Streets were narrow, and deep. Long and flowing. I passed a couple fucking on a collection of rocks. See, it's a quiet town, everything shuts down at 10. At that point, I can't honestly say whether it was 1, 2, or 3 in the morning, just that there was night, and there was drunkeness, and there was fucking, and the distant sounds of the wind. And there in the center it was me, kissing the cold lips of desolation.
After moments of standing there, lost in the spot of my insane revelations, I heard the low sounds, and rumbling cries. Crashes of the waves against the earth, all rolling and moving to song, exotic beat. It was an easy ride. The cetars we moving out from behind there rocks and hiding places, and I ran from them, terrified. Every corner I turned, there they were... ghosts of the night to grab me into some hellish oblivion, making my eyes see clearly. Before I knew it, there was nothingness, blackness, complete and utter darknes, as I lay, flat on the ground, breathing rapid, and harsh.
My limbs felt glued down to the pavement, and I couldn't open my eyes. What had those hellians done to me? Why wouldn't they leave me to go follow the blue pixies floating everywhere in space? So many ?uestions, not enough moments, or words... nothing to answer them. Then it happened.... BAM! A strong gasp of breathe like breathing for the first time and I was alive... so fucking alive. The cetars were gone, but it was like now, I knew the beasts. They all had names, and families... children and wives, husbands, little homes no one could see, buried beneath the cold, wet, rocks in the quiet town... and here again, I was in the middle of it, hungover, and slightly sore, sleep had gained on me in the sweetness of nature, or so it seemed. And that was it. That was life. Those were the beats. And this... this was me.
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » November 29th, 2004, 2:48 pm

great piece, K

it took me right along,

very clear snapshot
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » November 29th, 2004, 2:59 pm

I wrote that about a year ago when I was ailing for the truth about Kayla Scott, ya know? I was at a loss and my own identity was the token, so that night is kind of improtant simply because it gave me some answers to ?uestions that in my spiraling youth, I could not understand. Thanks for readin tho LR! YIPYIP!
K

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » November 29th, 2004, 4:16 pm

At a night invain
I gain insane
Whom I'm I to blame

How is Kayla Scott these day????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 3rd, 2009, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » November 30th, 2004, 11:21 am

well she drinks a lot, smokes and curses. She doesn't like mornings, but is learning to cope with them as an inescapable certainty. And while I am still mildy insane, I don't have as many split personalities. LOL. Thanks for askin Dave.
K

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » November 30th, 2004, 11:31 am

Can I ask just how many are in your party???? :lol:
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 3rd, 2009, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » December 27th, 2004, 2:11 pm

sweetness emerging
from the sea
disguised in smoke

she woke to her dreams.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

creativesoul

Re: At Night In Vain, I Gain Insane

Post by creativesoul » January 10th, 2014, 2:24 pm

i loved this-
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

creativesoul

Re: At Night In Vain, I Gain Insane

Post by creativesoul » March 31st, 2014, 2:47 pm

thank you= my latest attempt at love has told me 'you are an artist'
like that is some kind of excuse- lol- but he meant it in a loving way- the colors have driven me to see the lime greens of spring- essential to my life force- like the sea and the sky- it gets me high-
Attachments
IMG_0574.JPG
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

Return to “Stories & Essays”