Slice

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
WIREMAN

Slice

Post by WIREMAN » March 4th, 2005, 8:07 am

It is great to be off for a week and I am totally enjoying things, plus it gives me some time to get my art projects in line. Today was a rather cold one again and we decided to take the Zaar dog to Carroll park for a lil run in the fields. Colder than a, need I say more. As we walked through the playground I notice a brown hooded jacket with a pair of black boots stickin' out the bottom huddled on the slides top rung, well I'll be it's a kid in there. He has the look of total loss in his sad eyes and just sits there in the cold the whole time. Zaar does his duty not once but twice. So then we decide to head uptown to Trenacria's Deli, "cheapest wine in town!" a local favorite here. Great place, actually the first time I've been, but of course everyone know's Carole Jean. She introduces me to the owner Mike and I shake his hand while trying to resist the most amazing assortment of cookies ya ever did see. CJ chooses a case of Australian wine and me, I get a box of spinach fusilli and put the blinders on when we pay, those cookies still are driving me crazy.

As we're leaving we decide to check out the bird store I always see the sign for when I'm driving home from Hopkins Hospital. Putting the goods in her Honda we head across Paca Street in search of the place. Walk around the back, no bird store. Head back out front and take a look and lo and behold there's a sign on an auto repair shop, Birds and supplies, now it's getting interesting. We walk on in to a makeshift waiting room with a kerosene heater that's quite warm. 2 middle aged ladies waiting for they're cars sitting like people do when they are waiting in these situations. CJ asks,"Where are the birds?" and they just shrug and say nothing. Not one to be deterred she heads towards the back where I can clearly see a service garage and no sight of any birds. Just then out walks a guy rubbing his greasy paws with a red rag, again she asks the same question, With a blank expression he says, "What kinda birds ya looking for?" "English budgies, parakeets, cockatiels" is her reply. That's when the guy fesses up saying, "We had some birds and fish upstairs, but when winter came they all froze and died." After a couple a thanks anyway's we headed back out into the cold, after another Charm City head shakin' adventure.Image

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » March 4th, 2005, 9:49 am

victims of the VOID at play (isveryboyin)
total loss is the prelude
to what comes after despair
without help.
th country for th boirds,
goin to th dawgs.
do they woik on Hondahs?
piss on it.
why we create.
th shadow knows.
Evening Shadow
Edition of 50 |5 x 7 inches
Sepia toned gelatin silver photograph