wake up

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
creativesoul

wake up

Post by creativesoul » September 30th, 2015, 11:59 am

the darkness became sweaty and hot
the sun had not risen
the heat had held tight

the calling of places left in dreamtime
still in the night
all that she felt seemed to hold her upright
she went to the window
sought the sight that would give her a glimpse
of today- yesterdays moments stilled with a fight

bagel and cream cheese, coffee- no smoke- the strange dinner date and left her- uptight
she didnt really feel anything one way or another
he was not very attractive=and sure he was lying- he tried to implicate that he was a great guy- he could have been my father- he seemed so old- fish and red wine- ugh- people can be so unkind= he did not have courage- as when he left- he texted me- that he didnt like sagitarius - i was relieved- if i had known- i would have been more honest myself--
oh you are sevenity? with bad hips? when do you ride your bicycle? in your dreams?
retired? oh that is nice- are you doing anything at all with your time?
dating is so fucked up- and really- i look 45= you look like my grandpa=
you live in vancover? never been here to portland? are you a recluse?
do you often scour the pages of various dating sights wondering how to find a girlfriend- has anyone suggested-'rent a woman' because - your compliments make the food go sour-
it is a pity that you have resorted to this kind of communication -with the idea that anyone would 'fall for it'
anyone with a brain- yes i am quite sure that you are disappionted that i have any abilities at all-because that means- you are out of time- one hour and dinner- that was enough for me=
you are not artistic or a writer=you are stuck- with the memories of what you have not done- asking me about my travels around the globe- you have not been anywhere at all- except los angeles- a transplant here to oregon- because the real estate is cheaper-?
and there is no water there-
asking me about the hog farm and my hippie days- native american ceremonies-
when really -the only thing you want is for someone to come to your house and watch you drink wine- and smoke pot- while you have no televison-? soooo let me tell you about relationships and friendship- old or young- i do not have time to sit and listen to you-
i am headed for a masters degree pal - and that leaves you in a quandry- vancover washington is a junkie smack attack city where the people sleep inside thier houses and hope no one breaks in and takes their radio- since you do not have a tv-
a homeowner- inviting the feminine back into your life- there are maid services in the yellow pages- i think that would suffice - you would have a clean house and a clear conscience- about your motives-=was i supposed to do something else? thank you for dinner-
however i would love to be in love- and i cannot even imagine kissing you- the discussion about your x wives and the step children- and that one is skitzofenic= was enough to not order dessert and coffee=
i have to go walk my dog-
the way you tease the dog with the ball- is disconcerting- i showed you a seven hundred and sevenity thousand dollar condo on the river- and you rang the doorbell- ?????????????
i was looking in the window- in amazement- that anything could cost that much money=
miffed that you could be so creepy- i told you that i wanted a life with zero conflict-
you looked so stupid i had to get away from you=
i have no idea who could love you the way you are- but ill bet they are not educated- that control is more what you have to offer- and that will never work for a woman like me-
thank you for dinner- let me walk you to your car- bye bye- nice meeting you-

?
Attachments
Photo on 2011-08-05 at 08.57.jpg
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

saw

Re: wake up

Post by saw » October 2nd, 2015, 3:05 pm

I can totally relate....just can't do it anymore.....love the honest details here....powerful
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

creativesoul

Re: wake up

Post by creativesoul » October 2nd, 2015, 9:16 pm

perhaps i am better off alone- love a free dinner- but the company ? os more important then the food- lesson learned :o
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

Return to “Stories & Essays”