HIM. $$!!#!

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » June 22nd, 2005, 9:38 am

second place poet
wouldn'tyaa know it
she didn't blow it

she got a special trophy

SECOND PLACE POET AWARD!
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » June 25th, 2005, 6:21 pm

You rock my world, friend. You truly do. Thanks, Jimbo, you doll!

--k
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » July 13th, 2005, 11:42 am

but I am so fucking vain I think everything is about me
I just came back to edit that line, got a an award somewhere to from the District Of Combia Child Services for my volunteer work at jounior village, kids who could goute "my life has been no crystal stair case..." i been thinking about the F word, why even go there unless you are woody allen and can befunny about sex and death.

Your perverse curiosity about men keeps me interested. Your poetry cracks old ice from me.

Have you ever played Hearts, that game where the black queen can make you or break you.

I love this name, did not last long on litkicks, but some one like my cut and paste of the poem with Hawthorne's nove.

where ya been?
lately, been trying to read more about what happened in scotland, remember Grace?

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » July 18th, 2005, 1:07 pm

tj, whose that message too? Me, of jimbo up there?

--k

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 19th, 2005, 5:16 am

I been thinking about stereotypes. Not meant for you, so much as for myself. Just how much of a racist am I? I bought a box of cream of wheat. I was loooking at the black chef on the box, and thinking of my childhood in the south. Very uncomfortable feeling for me writing about race. I think I am so unbiased but I am not. Decisions about people based on the color of their skin. Race such a superficial attribute but it is the first thing I notice about someone. Nothing to do with you, all to do with me.
just ignore me, sorry I brought this up. I was jaming with judih over on some place called the tribe. She started playing poker and dropped the Queen of Diamonds. I wanted to trump her queen so I started playing hearts and and played the Queen of Spades. And god dam me if I did not think of you. I don't know what to do about this. Trying to look at what is on the end of my fork. I am not the man I wish I was. I had a friend tell me she was horrified to see a swastika. Took me a long time to rise above that. But words are symbols too. I

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » July 19th, 2005, 1:04 pm

swastikas don't horrify me. Symbols... they don't horrify me. It's the people behind those symbols that raise them in a negative stance against someone or something for such a technicality as the color of one's skin that horrifies me. The idea that it's all these years later and people still haven't learn that as sure as there's breath in my lungs, I'm just as human as any other race. The idea that because someone, by no fault or choice of their own, was born a certain way they are lower creatures, to be spat upon, and discriminated against. That horrifies me. The idea that you think of me when you see the Queen of Spades, well... that's just another symbol.

--k

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 19th, 2005, 1:27 pm

It is bad, shocked the hell out of me. You have no idea how stupid I feel. Well maybe not stupid, shallow.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 20th, 2005, 10:08 am

Nothing to say
path of least resistance

sitting in a walk-in clinic with my stepson this morning
black dude walks in, everything normal,
remembered the little clinic in Blanchard, Lousyanna,
still in the 60's with a side door for blacks,
told this fellow about it who worked with the feds,
next time I saw it, the side door sign was painted over,
but the door was still there.

Laura Bush is the Queen of Clubs
they discriminate based upon status.

Too bad Condi is so conservative.

I knew this old Quaker lady who would go with a group of women to the old Omni theatre in St Pete back in the 50's and 60's, they'd get together, stand in line, and when the black ladies were refused admission, they'd go to the back of the line and go through again, round and round.

Residual bad dreams still haunt us all. Why my hospital work is so fulfilling; I get to treat the little kids to ice cream while they are waiting outside the rooms for the grown-ups, transcend it all.

I heard a song on community radio one morning on the way to work, "The Bertha Bump", told Betty about it, she said, "It's an old song!"

My symbol for Chicago girlie is more like Rosie the riveter.
She certainly rivets my attention, riveting persona.

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » July 20th, 2005, 1:37 pm

Shallow, ST? Hmmm. That you thought of me at all means something. The thought itself may be what we have to work on.

Jimbo... one day you'lll see me and find out how much of a shithead I am.

--k

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 28th, 2005, 10:52 am

I do hope to meet you someday, yes.

By the way, my slacker step-son, Brian, down from Milwaukee, reject from Portland, Oregon, dwelling on moving to Seattle, is now considering going to Chicago, the music industry is there.

If Brian ever gets his shit together and makes it up there, hopefully before next summer, I'll have to introduce him to you.

He'll let me know if you are, indeed, a poopy haid.

I may need an advance patrol.

I got the blues for you Kayla,
Chicago girlie got me blue,
she don't want me to be her daddy,
what's a poor old Jimboloco going to do?

Don't put me off Ms Scott-Morrison,
http://www.studioeight.tv/writers/kayla ... scott.html
:evil: :shock:
Jimbo... one day you'lll see me and find out how much of a shithead I am.
I cought a well of puke emanating forth from a dear woman just last Tuesday, she caught the first flow in a plastic cup, which I took, replaced it with another cup, dumped the first one, by then the second one was full, which I took, giving her a third cup, dumped the second one, found her toothpaste spittoon, gave that to her, ran down the hall to the supply cloet, got a big basin, ran back to her room, took the puke-filled toothpaste spitoon, gave her the big bucket, dumped the puke-filled toothpaste spittoon, all without blinking an eye, helped her to rinse her mouth, got her a compazine tab, stayed there til she settled down.

Don't put me off, I'll just replace your puke-filled shittoon.
You peed me off. Urine trouble now. You hurt my feelings.
Boohoo. :x

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » July 29th, 2005, 10:40 am

Chicago's awesome. Send yer youngin' and he'll tell you how loopy this one can be. Boo hoo.

--k

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 29th, 2005, 1:15 pm

He's hoping before next summer.

Are you still gonna move to LA?

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » July 30th, 2005, 4:00 am

I think he meant to say Queen as in royalty. As someone he admired, but words play tricks. And he got embarassed by the racist implications. The word spade just sounded weird. As in:

Code: Select all

I just looked at the word people and it looked totally foreign and bizarre; in essence I just lost my familiarity powers and lost certainty over the spelling of the word 'people'...but then, after like five secs, I got them back and all was normal again. 
AQuestion
http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4154

There was a quaint saying in Baltimore that a N*gger ain't nothing but a Jew turned inside out. I don't know why I expect more from Jews. You would think that if any group of people would be free racism it would be the Jews. Back in the early sixties I was at a C.O.R.E. demonstration in Baltimore. We were trying to integrate a Jewish delicatesen. One person entering the restaurant looked at us with digust and said, "I would not want to go where I was not wanted." This when there were signs at a country club saying "no jews or dogs allowed"
Leo Frank represents one of only four cases of a Jewish-American being lynched in United States history. (There was a case of a double lynching of a Negro and a Jew in Tennessee in 1868; there were two other cases of American Jews lynched in the 1890s.)
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/LA-Lynching8.html

Jews have had it easy in America because they had another people to take the heat for them. Louis Farrakhan used to give me the hebe jeebies. But I here is much more tolerant since he got abducted by that UFO.

ST just an old fool
please don't pay him no mind.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » August 6th, 2005, 7:56 pm

I adore ST. He never ceases to amaze with his talent. Very good writer. Strange man though. Hah.

--k

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » August 7th, 2005, 10:56 am

Izy you took second place in that thingy? Is that the thingy that I thingy it was????

WOOT! WOOT!

and I mean that from the bottom of my heart....to the farthest reaches of my tippy little tail!!!!

Good on ya girl!

Geez, maybe you do have talent! Who knew! :D
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

Return to “Stories & Essays”