Payback

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
stilltrucking

Payback

Post by stilltrucking » August 7th, 2005, 1:46 am

When I first got out on the road I was a mess. I believed all the dispatchers bull about Hot Hot Load, got to go be there tomorrow. Consequently I was always pressurized. My stomach in knots. One day I pulled out of a parking a lot right in front of a pick up truck. The guy managed to stop with squealing brakes and sliding tires. He sat there staring and glaring at me. Not much I could say, I pulled into an icehouse down the street to call dispatch. It was one of the old glass phone booths with the accordion doors. I see the pick up pull into the lot. He sees me in the phone booth. He turns his truck around and starts to back up to the phone booth. About the time his bumper was a couple feet for the booth I realized what was happening. By that time his bumper is up against the door and I can’t get out. He slowly backs up and the whole phone booth starts to tilt.

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » August 7th, 2005, 10:29 am

What happened????? What happened????

Geez....are you still in there!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good story.....the tension was palpable!!!!

Road rage. We are monsters behind the wheel.

A few weeks back I was stopped at an intersection waiting to slip out into traffic when a semi turning left decides he don't need to swing wide...he'll just drive right over the front of my car!!! Here's what I looked like.... :shock: ...I kid you not. I managed to back up just enough to get out of harm's and the "asshole's" way!

Did I give him the finger? Ask me, ask me, did I? 8)

Anyway....cute story there Still...I liked. I liked how you kept us suspended at the end....wondering if you're....

STILL IN THERE!!!!!!!! :shock:

OR DEAD!!!!!! :shock:

payback....she be a bitch!!!

Thanks for the read.
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 7th, 2005, 2:08 pm

palpable
whoa
What a word
what a world
who would have believed all my beautiful evil could be destroyed by a little mouse.

so are going to keep jacking around here
or
are you gotting to lay down some more of your beautiful droppings
:)

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » August 7th, 2005, 2:30 pm

I got a new text to speech synthesizer, I too would love to hear more of your poetry.
I like it, it`s cool, but i dont give a fuck for it, just want to meet the owners & be a friend with all.
These is for young boys & girls, so people, lets make some fun here!

st is such a jerk, they shouldn't let him of his cage.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Return to “Stories & Essays”