Mr Costello (draft)

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
stilltrucking

Mr Costello (draft)

Post by stilltrucking » April 12th, 2006, 1:26 pm

Crazymike was way into Einstein and electricity. He had shop where he rebuilt generators ans starters back before alternators took over. Mr Costello was in the battery business. This back in the day of lead batterier that could be rebuilt. He and Mike collaborated on a machine to rewind armatures. It was like watching Einstein and Fermi at work. They both had these theories they wanted to check out, such as to see if light changed the conductivity of a copper wire. That dang machine they built made Rube Goldberg look like Rembrandt. I always kept hoping it would work. I only saw it running once :shock:

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » May 2nd, 2006, 5:44 am

I bought two used cars from this Brit named Raymond. he had a photograph of his invention on his desk. It was a slab of metal with four propellor-rotors, one on each corner. It was s hovering drone to be used as a spy or whatever. Never got off the ground, but made for a great little conversation piece whilst he was selling you a used car.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 2nd, 2006, 10:53 pm

I forgot to edit this one

Crazy mike was way into Einstein and electricity. He had shop where he rebuilt generators and starters back before alternators took over. Mir Costello was in the battery business. This back in the day of lead batteries that could be rebuilt. He and Mike collaborated on a machine to rewind armatures. It was like watching Einstein and Fermi at work. They both had these theories they wanted to check out, such as to see if light changed the conductivity of a copper wire. That dang machine they built made Rube Goldberg look like Rembrandt. I always kept hoping it would work. I only saw it running once It was frightning.

Crazy Mike, I am a chip off the old block, my brother became a psychiatrist because of him I bet. I would change my user name to crazy jack, but I have all ready annoyed too many people.
Heidi Ho

Return to “Stories & Essays”