In defense of George W. Bush

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
mnaz

In defense of George W. Bush

Post by mnaz » November 25th, 2006, 8:21 am

Exhibit A: Human. Exhibit B: Cut off. Exhibit C: Not all of the blame for current world insanity can be put on any one man. That is crazy talk. A pattern of Western domination and selective abuse in the Middle East goes back decades, according to various out-of-print hippie-freak liberal types, not to mention the fact that Islam and Christianity have circled each other with a sword for centuries. So choose your battle wisely, as a wise man once said, wisely. The middle finger method may be found lacking.

Where does that leave us now, short of a victory parade? Standing in line for Nintendo (nothing wrong with that). I can't ratify karma in general in my waking life. I've been told it spans well past that. I'd like to think everyone gets what they deserve and that I might watch it live on cable or play it on-screen if I haven't fallen asleep yet.

I been on that road, gaze ten miles ahead, head ten miles past gaze, tryin' to outrun billboards, nothin' too far from nothin', jim beam moonbeam over a barrel, over silky empty empty last night.

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » November 25th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Snappy invective. A be-bop rhythm, reminiscent of Thelonious Monk.

Very strong writing in the opening sentences. Ginz couldn't have done it better.

Huzzah!

Happy post-Thanksgiving.

Yesterday we went to this show:

http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/ic ... index.html

--Z

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 25th, 2006, 9:58 pm

i'm just dyin' out here,
amidst all the reports.
Thank you Zlatko.
It means a lot, that's all.

and i still hate him,
when i need to.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » November 26th, 2006, 7:30 am

Yes that old Son Of A Bush on exhibit for all to see. Speaking of exhibits I hope that one at the Getty turns it around for them after hearing about the problems they had some time ago.

Return to “Stories & Essays”