F***!

On-going spontaneous Word Jams.
Shem

F***!

Post by Shem » November 19th, 2010, 5:30 am

OK, it's been a while, and now is admittedly not the best time. I've been drinking absinthe all night and am feeling discontented. an art show; showing usages of "stolen" images. really? though there may be instances; I think it was Mindbum who's imagines have inspired such wondrous ideas in the past; for the most part, I think ORIGINAL ideas are MUCH superior to rehashing what has already been done. As this has already been PAINFUL to concentrate enough to type, spell check and find and appropriate place on these pages for: I will let it stand at that. All i will say is; GIVE ME ORIGINALITY! the Artist that can make something NEW out of the old is rare. THAT is the only place "Stolen" images interest me.
Leave the letter that never begins to go find the latter that ever comes to end, written in smoke and blurred by mist and signed of solitude, sealed of night.
-James Joyce

stilltrucking

Re: F***!

Post by stilltrucking » November 19th, 2010, 12:27 pm

a good time for me
interesting
reminds me of a song
about "abortions of originality"

I wonder if I have ever had an original thought. seems like everytime I think I am being clever I google it and get a million hits. I have "a flair for the obvious" (Advanced searchAbout 1,610,000 results (0.28 seconds)

Stolen images I had not thought much about it other than to face the wrath of Doreen if I don't have permission to use an image... which is probably kind of tangential to your Go.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 24th, 2010, 6:58 am

"There is an American born every minute" P. T. Barnum

Only got two hits on that, one of them was me, but Chris Chandler got there first. In 2008.

I suppose it must be a leap of faith to post original images on the internet. Reminds me of the time I lived in Music City USA, all the song writers paranoid to do their new stuff in public. Yes, I think I am off on a tangent, but "steal your face right off your head."

Always a good day any day for me when I see a Mindbum post.

And you too.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » November 25th, 2010, 10:21 am

We take from the best
and we make them hang out with us,
then it's more like a family.

What would I do without my girls.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “~GO!”