Post by WIREMAN » November 5th, 2005, 8:20 am

Does your mind ever
harken back to a certain
time and place?

Mine does:

~GO! vision almost 4 years ago Michigan Ave. DC,
right by the metro tracks there's a lil field where
my mind would melt at lunchtime.....had my laptop
and had just discovered Litkicks "BEAT" poetry site....
around that spot of peace, that place where my
mind wanders, to this very day the most amazing
visions swirl.................

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » November 5th, 2005, 11:48 am

Morro Beach California, the first time I saw the Pacific Ocean, so blue. A little girl told me there are more stars in the skies than there were grains of sand on that beach. Mind melt.

CMU Campus Pittsburgh, I saw myself in a woman's eyes. Mind Melt.

, I was sitting nder the dinning room table in a house in Baltimore, 12 years old, the last neuron must have connected the last brain cell turned on, the birth of my adult brain. Sudden realization, this is it. Mind Melt.

1948, the year the world ended. Sitting around the table eating lunch, my two brothers, a loaf of Koester's bread sitting in front of me. Take a mental picture, remember this because you are as happy as you will ever be. Bring this memory out and look at it when you are old.
Mind melt.

Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington DC, the Burghers Of Calais, with spider woman, everything happens twice. Mind melt.

Ilwaco, Washington, tied up to the dock in the Camelot morning, mist lifting, sun burning through, another crumb of happiness.

Adrian Michigan, my first lover.

Litkicks was the last big turning point in my life. A wake up call. Not the man I was.

Studio Eight, my journey continues.

Any desert on any winter night with a black sky studded with stars.
Any mountain road through the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, or any beach, my mind is a puddle of melted butter. A woman's eyes contemplating the geometry of love. Elephant hugs I can still feel her embrace, what a still alive awake moment , .......
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Return to “~GO!”