Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by the mingo » May 14th, 2017, 1:55 pm

- Rhyme of a Rain Baptist -

I mean who knows the difference between here & there ? So shut the blues, no one stoops for pennies anymore and Kerouac's America is long gone with no one left to remember the loss.

Nobody to understand the endings.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » May 17th, 2017, 5:55 pm

....nothin but half ass movies 55 years to late....gettin my kicks on old rt. 66....jack never had a vette....lol 8) ...b back on weekend.....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 18th, 2017, 1:30 am

jack never had a vette....lol 8)

hah - so true !

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 18th, 2017, 10:09 am

Rasputin said to Prince Yusupov -
"Blowing on a black jug brought me here, you bad boy. Check it out"

reasons for statement:
linked to old family legends -
"we all came from somewhere"

and

"we are the language of the house"

(taken from several things
Jack Kerouac is purported to have said
at one time or another
but not quite in this form or sequence)

... but it's true - we have all lived / living in houses and expect to go on doing so until we don't live here at all -

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 18th, 2017, 10:55 pm

jack smacked it right on
the house illusion
the through the door
up the stairs
open the fridge
fantasy
we hooked and sinkered
surrendering logic
....till that notion goes kerplunk

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 19th, 2017, 8:55 am

jack smacked it right on
the house illusion
the through the door
up the stairs
open the fridge
fantasy
we hooked and sinkered
surrendering logic
....till that notion goes kerplunk
Cracked me up ! Yeah, some days I can get as tired of the brain as it does of me - trails across the gravel - last night I wiped my whole storage file for Zuihitsu in a flat nanosecond - gone gone gone - no canned meat here this is straight drapes right off the rack and good damn the 21st century zip zip & gone - had a friend once who took off and went to Plano, Texas - I don't know where that is though I could look it up and I don't know if he is still alive - he joined the Navy with me on the "buddy plan" haha haha - so many things ya just don't know - last I heard he drove a forklift off the deck of an aircraft carrier - his naval career came to a close then & there - Navy frowns on that sort of thing -

God, I could make a list ...

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » May 20th, 2017, 1:17 pm

.....Jack fell off his horse and nobody was there to help him back on....no bullshit....what the fuck was he thinking?....was he putting us all on?...yeah that's what it was, cause he was still writing, and the shit wasn't half bad....speculation.....what could have been, but it was never to be......

fell off his horse
rain tumbling down
nobody was there

.....onto brighter realms......Ernest, nah, he shot himself, hunter too.....now Chris Cornell, he hung himself this week, damn!.....brighter realms.....flags waving in the breeze....a Beatles love song......happy endings, yeah, yeah,yeah! keep thinking bout ol basho walking Japan ......chking out the cherry blossoms, sleeping in those barns, writing, writing, of the deep north country.....walking, occasionally riding a horse.....ah basho, the master banana man.....
in China we got Han Shan, cold mountain man, laying it down on rocks and boulders, I'm talkin bout the word, for all of us bugs in a bowl 8) .......stonehouse an amazing zen man in his lonesome revery, is killer, ole Li Po too, In his drunken stupor telling it like it is to kings and queens.....it's a long line we spring from, but that Tang Dynasty resonates, oh yeah!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 22nd, 2017, 8:39 am

Tang bang come to smooze your hoosie ! Eat rice ! Eat fish ! Wine all da time !
Here, have a beer, dear !

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 22nd, 2017, 8:41 am

Most of the jazz I listen to, the men & woman who blew it or sang it or shot it into their arms are long dead and it's coming up on midnight & I'm sitting here on Tug Hill maybe waiting for a revelation or maybe for the rain to stop -

Existential - existentialist - I like that word over it's meaning, it sounds like a samurai sword in flight, maybe it's all them vowels, it's packed with them - the swing begins and the air doesn't even have time to scream
That stone in the rain is very existential.
The rain that falls on it turning it dark
is existential too.
Toads are small brown samurai swords sporting warts.

We can name anything we want and there is nothing
that
is not
a poem - if someone is shot the bullet is a poem, the gun it came from a poem the finger that pulled the trigger a poem - if the person shot dies from the wound that death is a poem -
and the funeral afterwards -

The two halves of my brain have been having a torrid affair for decades - I can always tell when they are using my skull for a room because statements like this will occur to me:
- "The help rifle has been curved, punish the thing !"

One day last week they were really having themselves a session and this is what I got:
- "Rampant class kid with the damp place machine, noxious bastard playing with enchanted eggs not just a game for women,
pan close to my skin, Honey, be inquisitive than vanish toward the bridge with nine toads of infamous hope !"

I'll meet you there.

Save me a toad.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » May 22nd, 2017, 11:14 am

Ribbit!!!
Someone at work was showing me a video of a chinaman eating whole frogs, needless to say it was quite disgusting......

Existential humor....right!...i think of sarte when that word comes up, also waiting for godot..ionesco was he an existentialist? Philosophy ain't my strong suit....answer? Hell who knows anyway???...now fellini, that's right up my alley...surreal...dreamy...after that I really enjoy samurai flicks...sword of doom..yojimbo...hari kiri....all the zatolchi movies....zulu was amazing too...as was the duelists....the philosophy of kill or be killed...napoleon, now that little sob intrigues me...ww1 flying aces, all that red baron shit...war to end all wars...what a laugh...
Appolinaire died for their sins...franz Marc too...trenches...did I say trenches..a hell of a way to go ...ugh!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 26th, 2017, 11:34 am

In July of 1957 Samuel "Bobo" Fergus had a stroke while drinking coffee and reading the morning newspaper at Lew's Diner - the stroke was a big one but nobody knew it.

He sat there staring out the window and nobody knew he was having a stroke. After ten minutes had passed he stood up suddenly then fell down and didn't move. His eyes were open. Folks in the coffee shop rushed to him saying "Bobo, Bobo ! What's the matter? Are you okay? Bobo say something! Bobo! Talk to me!!"
Melly Schrader was the first one to him - years later she was telling me about all this. She told me that Bobo, who had served as a Marine, was with the invasion force that landed on Okinawa then he was sent to Japan as part of the Occupation forces. She told me the last thing Bobo ever said to anyone in this world. Melly said his eyes blinked once then he looked straight at her and said, "If a fall trees over in a sound does it make a forest ?" Then his eyes closed and he was gone. Melly said many Marines from all over the country came to Bobo's funeral and his many hometown friends too.

It was June, 1969 when Melly told me this. She walked on from this world in the autumn of '72 while I was overseas. Everybody else that was in Lew's Diner the day Bobo died there is also long dead and the Diner burned down before Reagan took his oath of the Presidency. I am the only one who knew any of this but now that is no longer true.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 26th, 2017, 11:47 pm

we share these truths. thank you!

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » May 27th, 2017, 1:18 pm

....in thru the out door....surfing goofy foot in a big now....now! 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 29th, 2017, 8:17 am

we share these truths. thank you!
Thx, judih 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 29th, 2017, 8:19 am

....in thru the out door....surfing goofy foot in a big now....now!
now ain't that a piece of truth ! 8)

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”