deleted posts

Creative complaints & humor.
stilltrucking

deleted posts

Post by stilltrucking » January 27th, 2007, 7:06 pm

This was my first reply to your thread
Red color for emphasis not flame

going to be a busy day today 20 more crosses to erect as of yesterday It is a good thing we don't have to put any up for the Iraqi's We don't have enough real estate for that Quote: Three years ago, it was called "un-American." But now this moving antiwar protest in small-town America has been embraced by the community. It has always been un-American to oppose wars. Where is the HUAC when we need them. He is running out of places to give speeches. Quote: At Fort Benning, a Quiet Response to a Presidential Visit By Peter Baker Washington Post Staff Writer Friday, January 12, 2007; Page A12 FORT BENNING, Ga., Jan. 11 -- The pictures were just what the White House wanted: A teary-eyed President Bush presenting the Medal of Honor posthumously to a slain war hero in the East Room, then flying here to join the chow line with camouflage-clad soldiers as some of them prepare to return to Iraq. There are few places the president could go for an unreservedly enthusiastic reception the day after unveiling his decision to order 21,500 more troops to Iraq. A military base has usually been a reliable backdrop for the White House, and so Bush aides chose this venerable Army installation in western Georgia to promote his revised strategy to the nation while his Cabinet secretaries tried to sell it on Capitol Hill.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00389.html You know I really don't have anything to say. The only news cast that has a moment of silence for the fallen is Jim Lerher's news hour. Sometimes that silence goes on for ever. We lower the flag for Gerald Ford, but it will be back up flying high next week. Down here in Texas the war is pretty much out of sight out of mind. At one of the bowl games here a couple weeks ago they had a half time show, a tribute to the Army recruits. No mention of the dead, no moment of silence. You too young to remember the Korean war, what got me was how they held a peace conference and spent weeks aruguing about the shape of the table, circular or rectangular. They did the same at the end of the Viet Nam war too. While men died our leaders quibbled about furniture. Cause you know we did not want to lose face. Bush will not end the war, he does not want to lose face. His mind is on his presidential library and his legacy. I hope he lives a long long time, at least until his nineties. Because I don't believe in hell, I want him to face history. Put a portrait of Dorian Gray in his library. sorry for ramble

end of reply one

second reply
I ain't looking for nothing deb Did I say that? I am grateful for the newshour, it keeps me mindful and it would be nice if the network news shows did it too. But that might be bad for morale. I don't know anyone here who is surfing the net for news about the war. They going to need about 650,000 crosses for the Iraqi's according to a study by Johns Hopkins University. You know what? it is a drop in the bloody bucket. What difference does it make. Stay the course

end of second reply

third reply

exactly

end of third reply which was not to you but someone else on the thread,

fourth reply

:)

end of fourth reply
this was a reply to your smiley
then you told me to stop pissing on your thread. Got damn emoticons trip me up all the time, I think they mean something.

fifth reply

for me it is like men are from mars and women are from alpha centauri.

end of fifth reply

sixth reply

Quote: Get off my thread Jack. Hi-jack someone elses

.Say what? What the hell is this about? Is it so terrible for me to want a moment of silence on manstream media for the men and women sacrificed in this idiot war. I have no idea what I said to piss you off, I would like to see those crosses every where. A silent witness. I would like a moment's silence before every football game, every news cast, I don't like this business as usual. Don't mind the war folks, keep on shopping. Show me where I am hijacking this thread. I am sorry about your friends loss, maybe I did not make that clear enough. I can understand e-dogs remark. We need to bring this war home, every day in every way. But you know I am just whistling dixie. I live two blocks from the main gate of a military base Deb. I have wonderful neighbors. I don't want to see pictures of their mutilated bodies. It is the same shizt as not letting the public see those coffins coming back to Dover AFB. Such an antiseptic war we have. I was not being sarcastic when I asked you if your friends story made it to the evening news. It should , it should be on prime time news not just in some local paper. NO I don't want to go to flames, lets make peace here. I leave it up to doreen to delete my posts if she thinks they are not appropriate. PS I don't have cable TV

End of sixth reply
I have added the under lines here. they were on on the original post

seventh reply

You said in regards to the religious right
Quote: they use it, to make anyone who disagrees or calls them on their crap as the cause of all the strife. They twist the facts, and situations, to avoid having to directly and honestly face them; all while holding themselves up as the honourable ones while doing all this. It’s sickening. Yes it is sickening.
I said in regards to you

Yes I read that onedeb And I won't be intimidated by you You twisting my words You put words in my mouth
end of seventh reply

sounds like a flame to me too.
I should not have said that.
I know why it did
it was vanity
Truly sorry.

the last reply was to mnaz.

is that it deb?

I could be put all these posts back, I could put all or most of all the other ones too.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 27th, 2007, 7:10 pm

These posts don't make sense out of context.

I locked the other thread and you continue in a new thread?

Sorry. The debate is over.

Peace.

This thread is locked.

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”